MU Australia is a mission agency of the Anglican Church of Australia and part of the worldwide Mothers’ Union.
Aim & Purpose: To demonstrate the Christian faith in action by the transformation of communities worldwide through the nurture of family in its many forms.
MU has Five Objectives: –
- To promote and support marriage and family life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children.
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united
in prayer, worship and service.
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable
family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Membership is open to any baptised Christian who supports its aims and objectives — not just mothers! Men, women, singles, married, grandparents. . .
MU provides a network to serve Christ in the parish, the community and worldwide, through prayer, financial support and actively working in programmes that meet local needs. There are over 4 million members worldwide, in 83 countries; some 8,000 in Australia; and about 900 in the Diocese of Newcastle, spread though 41 parishes.
Some activities in which Swansea MU is serving Christ are:-
In the parish:
- by helping in the Baptism ministry and the All Age
- by supplying ‘Care Bags’ to members of our parish family who are ill.
- Supporting the NOVA Women’s refuge
- Knitting cotton bandages for the Leprosy Mission Hospital in Naini, in north west India.
In the community:
- by visiting mothers in maternity hospitals
with gifts for new babies,
- by general hospital visiting,
- by financially supporting the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit at the John Hunter Children’s Hospital,
- by providing goods for Baby Bundles for disadvantaged new mothers,
- Members knit bootees and caps for babies, as well as beanies distributed through the Mission to Seafarers. (We would love to hear from anyone who would like to help with the knitting, or has wool to spare!)
And worldwide: by prayer and financial support.
Swansea MU meets monthly (2nd Wednesday at 10.30 am), in the Parish Hall to enjoy fellowship in a varied and interesting programme of worship, talks, discussions, outings, craft & fun.
We would love to welcome others into our MU family for Christian fellowship and service
For more information ask any member, or call Marion Willey (President/Secretary) 4971 2205, or email <firstname.lastname@example.org>
People in this group work as volunteers to provide hospitality to community groups. They also provide refreshments following services in church; and raise funds for the wider work of the church, with monthly activities in the Parish Hall such as Chat & Craft each first Wednesday of the month from 10.30am.
New members are always welcome. We enjoy being together in service of others. For contact details, please call the numbers on the left. We meet the first Wednesday of each month from 2.00 pm in the Parish Hall.
A friendly group (not always our own worshippers) meets for study of themes and topics from the Bible, chosen by the group members themselves.
We meet in St Peter’s Parish Hall, Swansea from 10.00 am for a chat, with our reflection beginning around 10.30 for an hour or so. We would welcome new friends into our gathering. (with a break from mid-December to early February.)
This is an umbrella organisation for all women in the Diocese of Newcastle. The organisation developed to supply a consistent linking, and to enable the various women’s organisations of the Diocese to manage diaries, work together on some projects, and support one another in ministry. It organises annual Lenten Retreats for women, an Annual Service at the Cathedral or other venue with a notable guest speaker, and a Spring Celebration with special services and speaker in the various Deaneries of the Diocese.
Indeed Anglican Women embraces ALL the women of the Diocese and includes those women who are not part of any particular organisation. (See Marion Willey for further details or see their web site <anglicanwomennewcastle>.)