Category Archives: Pewsheet
On a beautiful winter’s day (it felt like Spring!) 13 members of Morpeth Parish visited St Peter’s Anglican Church, Swansea as part of their ‘Church Crawl’. It was a delight to welcome them and show off our lovely Church – certainly not as old and historic as St James’ at Morpeth – but nevertheless, one which has a special place in our hearts, where we can gather to worship God, enjoy fellowship, and be equipped to go out into the world He loves, in the power of the Holy Spirit, to live and work to God’s praise and glory.
The group had already visited a number of Anglican Churches this day – Hamilton, Adamstown, Charlestown and Windale. They were joined by several locals for lunch at Swansea RSL, looking out onto the sparkling waters of the Channel . After exploring the church and hearing some of its history from Lyn and Bill, Fr George Garnsey checked out the 1911 Estey organ in the organ loft, and pronounced it still in good order. The group then left to visit the Anglican Church at Morisset, before wending their way homeward. (See History section of this website for a PDF copy of a booklet about history of the Parish of Swansea.)